Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Changed again

Things can change and this time we are ready. The results from my CT scan showed cancer growth over the last few weeks. Somewhat disheartening news at first, then as time goes on we see that this is just another bump on the journey through life. So here we are, gazing into hope and staring down fear. The fear is that even while I had gemcitabene and carboplatin chemo drugs active in my system the cancer did grow. The hope is that we are still on the healing path that Jesus put us on months ago. The miracle path. Not just a chemo miracle, not just Mikey fights for a miracle - but it is a chemo, fighting Mikey, Jesus miracle path. Here is some news about the chemo. We have been given an option to become part of a clinical study to test the effects of Pemetrexed or Docetaxel and each one could be trailered with Cetuximab. So, that is what I am doing today. Sitting at home researching and wondering what to do with my life while I decide about joining this study. This has been very helpful for me to write to you all as I sort this out. It is like a litereary counsellor's couch without being interrupted by anyone's opinions.
If this is the direction we take, we will begin a new protocal of chemotherapy starting within the next two weeks. Changed again.

No comments: