Sunday, April 15, 2007

Radiation to the brain, completed.




I have completed 5 radiation treatments. From my perspective the actual treatment is nothing. One minute beam on one side then one minute beam on the other then it is over. The science is that the radiation just keeps on working killing the cancer cells . During this time I have been taking a steroid medication. It is true what they say about steroids - it is an upper like cocaine. Those who know me , can you imagine me on uppers? I have organised some cupboards .It has been a trip for my family to deal with this hyped up guy who thinks he needs to say what he thinks and even when he doesn't think. It also increases the appetite, so in two weeks I have gained 10 pounds. I have been struggling with hand stands now I know why - I'm getting fat. Not what you would expect when fighting lung cancer. This whole thing is so weird to me. Here is a photo of Bill and I - he won the belly prize.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Mike and all. We pray for you at meals and bedtime and if we forget the children remind us. May God draw you into his counsel and free you from this trial.

Hill Archives said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hill Archives said...

Mike,

You have got such a wonderful spirit and sense of humour. We are praying for you and your family.

Ken and Susan