Thursday, April 26, 2007

Blessings in difficult times

My family and I thank you for the love and support you are sharing wth us in our time of need. It is so good to know we are loved. We love you.
This whole ordeal is God’s work. We Meekings are just in the middle of it. Now, you are compassionately jumping in with us. Weeks ago, after initial news went out to people, honest heartfelt support started rolling in. This showed me that God is working.
People would say to me, “I don’t usually pray, but I will pray for you Mike.” Cool, I thought, people getting closer to God.
Another wonderful response, “You know when Jacob wrestled with the angel of the Lord and would not let go until the Lord blessed Jacob? That is what my family is doing for you Mike.” Wow, such intensity for God.
Friends, whatever you to decide to share as a gift is part of God’s work. He knows what is going on and He knows what He is doing. Your gift is between you and Him. It is really none of our family’s business. This has been an awkward thing to say because it is an awkward situation.
I am praying for all of us that as we cozy up to God each and every one of us will be touched by the gravity of His presence and His infinite wisdom and love for us all.

2 comments:

Neale Bacon and Horton Hogg said...

Mike and family,

I just heard the news from John Kaplan.

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

great pictures Mike!
it was a fun time~
unca biLL