Sunday, January 20, 2008

Anticipation

Here we are at day 21 of the Tarceva cycle. The rash is back on my legs as before but also there are dermatological cutaneous eruptions on my face. Pimples, big whiteheads like I had when I was eating fries and gravy every day from the high school cafeteria in 1977. I am quite sensitive to this and feel anxious about how I look to the world. Not as a 16 year old with a searing attitude eating fries and gravy but now in 2008 I need to put my best face forward and it's covered with whiskers and zits. I may need counseling to help me cope with acne in mid life. Who would I go to for that? Dr. Phil could have me on his show. If you have any advise short of wearing a paper bag over my head to hide my face, please pass it on.
Monday this coming week is the next CT scan. That's easily coped with because people will be looking at pictures of my insides not my pimply outsides. What will be seen in these high resolution x-rays is what causes anticipation. They will give us the opportunity to see any changes positive or negative that may have occurred over the past 6 weeks. The one thing in life that you can always count on is that things will change. I have my thoughts about how this is going to turn out but you never know. Is it good to know that you never know ? I don't know. We have to wait until Tuesday to get the results from Dr. Chi. Yes another Oncologist. Another trial drug comes with another trial Doctor. We meet on Tuesday for the first time and he will tell us what adventures may lay ahead after Tarceva.

No comments: