Tuesday, September 4, 2007


Today is the first day of the school year. The first of the last 11 first days that I will not be returning to my post as the K-12 drama teacher of the WCCS. The students of my family were definately excited to be going back at least for this first day. I am excited to hear of the changes that the new year brings to WCCS. Like who has who in their class. Who is teaching what to whom and where. "Where?" is always the question for the teachers dealing with the limited space WCCS has to offer. So it will be interesting for me to see what the solutions may be. Porch, park and parking garage were showing their classroom potential in previous years. We seemed to have at least survived and in some cases we may have succeeded.
My fall will be different this year - I'm the student - it will be chemo treatments once a week until we have no sign of cancer in me. I need to do my homework, hand in all my assignments on time and listen to the teacher, yes and listen to the teacher!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are praying that you are the teacher's pet and that He gives you an A+ .

Unknown said...

Ok, I don't know why my comment showed up under my son's user name, davey, because I am donnah. No really.

/insert *sigh* from frustrated computer user

Bob the pastor said...

Hi Mike,

School, it never ends...if it does we are disqualified from any sort of teaching assignment. Stay in school forget about grades, just learn the lessons they are important.

Hope to be with you on wednesday and hopfully no one will drive through the walls of the cancer center.

P-B