Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hung Over

The trial has begun. I am now in the cluches of the best clinical cancer Doctors and nurses that this country has to offer. They want to know when I sleep , wake-up. How much I eat or drink. It is a little intrusive but considering the situation I can put up with that much loss of privacy. The main story here is the drugs. Once a week I'm in the chemo chair for a 2 hour drip of cetuximab and benadryl (to prevent an allergic reaction) Every 3rd week I'm in the chair for 3 hours receiving cetuximab with a chaser of pemetrexed. Dr. Ho the oncologist said that I had no proplem with the first round of chemo so she is not worried about how I'm going to handle this trial. I think she is wringing her hands with glee as she and her collegues watch me boil over in some chemotherapy crescendo. A funny thought from a dungeon scene from any B grade movie. Actually, Dr. Ho really has no mad scientist in her that I can see. I truly believe she is an oncologist so she can help people cure cancer and see colours that they have never seen before. Dr. Ho has been very caring and informative to Jody and I throught our whole time at the cancer clinic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mike and Jody and family,
We're praying for you - agreeing with you for a miracle.
Pastor Rob and Anne McIntyre

mike and cecille said...

Hello Mike, we pray and hope the tumors disappear with monoclonal antibody. Mike had similar one.He had Retuximab chemo. Interestengly he he had a lot less severe side effects than the regular chemo drugs. And the tumors did decrease and continue to get smaller even this time. He was the smaller rat for experiment then. God is our hope we continually pray for you. We already believe by faith you are going back to teach in January.Amen