Sunday, February 17, 2008

Balance

Why is it not yet February 26 ? I am in a juxtaposition of therapies and side effects until then. Recently I have enjoyed the strength and energy to ride my bike around the city. What fun I have taking this therapy, even as I approach the top of head spin hill and doubt my motivation, it's enjoyable. The fun is what comes after having done it. The sense of well being after having had some exercise. I also get great benefit from the challenge that cycling puts on my heart and lungs. Exercise intensifies the process of healing by heating up the pot without blowing up the stove. It is the exercise colliding with side effects which is the juxtaposition. This brings the reminder to carefully encourage my healing with good balance rather than kick at it with wild spirited ambition. What happens is, when I ride my bike or take a good walk for 3 days in a row the skin rash acts up and my legs become more swollen and painful. Fun and well being meet painful skin rash. This is an experience that has become a frustrating process to wade through as I make my way to February 26. Balance is the key. How much and how far and when to quit exercise therapy.


Balance is the key to healing. The key to balance is to try to keep the bottom under the top. Unless of course you are upside down. Here is a photo of Meeks at the Filberg Festival, Vancouver Island 2005.

1 comment:

DonnaH said...

Happy Easter Mike and Family,

Thanks for your blog; truly inspirational. I was just listening to "GRACE LIKE RAIN" BY TODD AGNEW on Youtube and was thinking of you and sensed that God would say, "My grace falls down on you Mike. Keep walking, keep pressing, keep standing. I hold every breath you breathe. You my son, inhale all that you can of me and I will do more than you could ever begin to fathom."

If this seems to fit so be it. If not, chalk it up to one sister in the Lord stepping out in words of encouragement.

Have a good week.

Donna and Family